This is my favorite vegetarian red coconut curry recipe. Today I share it with you as the first post on my sister’s new food blog! To check out my own food blog, visit me at Spanish Sabores.
Dear Lindsay, here is a place for you to record the amazing recipes you cook for your beautiful family. To start, I wanted to write down my vegetarian red coconut curry recipe. We enjoyed making this easy curry recipe so much while I was visiting, I hope you think of me when cooking it! Love, Lauren (sister).
Vegetarian Red Coconut Curry Recipe
Vegetarian Red Coconut Curry
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 6 mushrooms
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 4 stalks of asparagus
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small mango
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup spinach
- Brown the diced onion in olive oil (about 7 minutes).
- Add garlic and stir for about one minute.
- Add the curry paste and fry everything together for about two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté until the liquid evaporates and the sauce is thick.
- Add the coconut milk and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Add all of the diced vegetables and cover. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer.
- Cook about 15 minutes, until the hardest vegetables (usually the sweet potatoes) are fork tender.
- While cooking, saute the cashews in a hot pan, taking care not to let them burn.
- Grill the diced mango in a bit of olive oil.
- Right before serving, add the spinach to the curry. Serve over rice with grilled mango and roasted cashews on top.
The best thing about this dish is how easily it comes together, and how adaptable it is. It can easily become a vegan curry if you are sure to use vegan curry paste. You can experiment with adding different vegetables, and if you do eat meat or fish you can add those ingredients too! If you are a fan of fresh herbs, you can top this dish with bright chopped parsley, fresh chives, cilantro, or even Thai basil.
I hope this recipe is a family favorite. I make this vegetarian red coconut curry all the time, and it always warms you up on a cold day!
What’s your favorite cold weather recipe?