Today I am sharing with you my husband’s favorite raw cinnamon cacao energy balls recipe. I love making energy bites because you can combine healthy whole foods and create a delicious little ball full of goodness! They taste amazing and are super easy to make. This recipe takes about five minutes in total to prepare and then another five to roll into balls.
I call this our quick breakfast version of my energy balls because they truly are healthy enough to grab in a hurry and keep you full longer than a slice of toast, breakfast pastry, etc. My husband leaves very early in the morning for
The ingredients used to make these raw cinnamon cacao energy balls each have a purpose.
- The nuts add a delicious flavor and are highly nutritious.
- The dates add sweetness and pack a huge nutritional punch.
- The chia seeds give you valuable omega-3’s and are full of nutrients, antioxidants etc.
- The oatmeal contains vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Cinnamon is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices out there.
- The pure vanilla extract gives these energy balls a subtle yet delicious flavor.
- Lastly, the cacao gives these bites an amazing chocolate flavor while adding even more amazing nutritional benefits.
I make a large batch of these raw cinnamon cacao energy balls every Sunday as part of our meal prep. This recipe usually makes enough for Dennis and I to enjoy throughout the entire week. I prefer to have one or two every night after dinner as a healthy, refined sugar free dessert. Anthony really likes this version as well for a snack occasionally.
Raw Cinnamon Cacao Energy Balls
- 1.5 cups mixed nuts (I prefer almonds, cashews, and pecans)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Food process the nuts and the chia seeds on high for about 1 minute
- Add in the cacao, cinnamon, and vanilla and food process for another minute
- Add in the dates and oatmeal and process until a sticky consistency forms with everything well incorporated (about 2-3 minutes)
- Roll into balls. At this point, you can either coat in coconut, crushed nuts, or just enjoy them plain!
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container. They will stay fresh for at least a week in the fridge or they freeze well up to 3 months.
What do you think, easy right?! Will you give these raw cinnamon cacao energy balls a try? You can also try our raw chocolate cookies if you love no-bake recipes!