Today I am sharing with you my healthy no bake Samoa cookies. This is probably the easiest cookie recipe I’ll ever have on my blog! If you love toasted coconut, this is definitely a recipe you’ll be needing.
Have you ever tried the Girl Scout Samoa cookies? These are essentially guilt free Samoas! I didn’t plan it that way, but after making them my friend brought up how they looked just like them. I don’t remember what Samoas taste like, but I like to think these are better!
Dates are the sweetener in this recipe. I absolutely love using dates because they’re so nutritious and delicious. They taste so similar to caramel once they’re mixed with toasted coconut. I wouldn’t recommend eating an entire batch of these, but two or three are much healthier than a conventional cookie. My favorite way to eat these healthy no bake somoa cookies are with 90% dark chocolate drizzled on top.
I add a small amount of coconut oil to the chocolate when I melt it. I find that it stays in place a little better. I also occasionally add in some roasted almonds to this recipe. This is totally optional but seriously delicious! I usually freeze mine after making them. They will store really well for months in an airtight container.
Healthy No Bake Samoa Cookies
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes (I toast mine in the toaster oven. Be sure to check and stir often)
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted almonds (optional)
- 1/2 chocolate bar 75-90% dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add the toasted coconut and the dates to your food processor.
- Process these 2 ingredients on high until dough is formed.
- Remove the dough from your food processor and roll into even balls. I usually make 10-12.
- Flatten each ball, and make a small hole with your finger in the middle. Shape the cookie to look like a tiny donut.
- Put all of your finished cookies on a tray with parchment paper. Freeze while you prepare the chocolate
- Melt your chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Break up the chocolate first and melt it in 20 second increments. Stir each time until everything is evenly melted and combined.
- Take the cookies out of the freezer and drizzle with the chocolate. I use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate evenly. If you love chocolate as much as I do, you can first dip the bottoms in the chocolate and place back on the parchment paper.
- Place the cookies back in the freezer for a few minutes and Enjoy!
So what do you think? Don’t these healthy no bake Samoa cookies sound delicious? Let me know if you try the recipe! If you love no bake recipes, you should try my raw chocolate cookies!