Today I am sharing with you our favorite healthy homemade granola recipe. I get really excited over granola because everyone in my family is obsessed. My husband requests it every week when I am doing our meal prep. I make a few different variations so that everyone can have a flavor they love. In this post, I’ll be sharing our mixed nuts and seeds version.
If you’re looking for a flavorful, crunchy, refined sugar free granola, this one is for you! Our healthy homemade granola is a great addition to school lunches. My oldest daughter loves when I pack her unsweetened yogurt, strawberries, and granola on the side. The kids also love it as a crunchy snack as is. If this sounds good, another fantastic granola lunch box snack is my maple granola cluster recipe.
My favorite ways to serve granola
Granola is so versatile! Some of our favorite ways to use this healthy homemade granola may surprise you. I love to top muffins with a small amount before baking. It adds a delicious crunch and is an easy flavorful topping. I always sprinkle this easy homemade granola on top of waffles, pancakes, yogurt, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, smoothies, nice cream, etc. It gives everything you serve it with a tasty crunch!
As I mentioned earlier, granola is so versatile. Not only can you eat it on mostly anything, but you can create endless varieties. I have so many granola recipes, so stay tuned for more coming soon! If you’re following a gluten free diet, make sure to look for certified gluten free oats. You can always add and omit ingredients you like/don’t like as long as you keep the ratios about the same. This healthy homemade granola will store for up to a month in an air tight container.
Healthy Homemade Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats (I use gluten free)
- 1.5 cups natural almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews or pecans
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line your large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together
- Add in the maple syrup and the oil
- Mix until everything is well coated
- Spread your granola onto your baking sheet as evenly as possible
- Bake for 12 minutes then stir
- Bake for 10 minutes and stir again ( make sure the edges are being moved around)
- Bake for about 5-8 more minutes and then remove from the oven
- Let the granola cool completely. I usually leave mine on the counter for a few hours.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month
So what do you think? Doesn’t this healthy homemade granola recipe sound easy and delicious? Let me know how you like it in the comments!