Today I am sharing with you my healthy gluten free brownies. This recipe is so popular with my family and friends. No one ever believes that they’re vegan and free of flour and grains!
The Perfect Brownie!
When I think of the perfect brownie, I think of soft, a little gooey, and deliciously rich in chocolate flavor. These healthy gluten free brownies are just that! I created this recipe 5 years ago by accident. I was trying to make healthy breakfast cookies and forgot the oatmeal. They tasted just like brownies, so I started making them in a baking dish.
Delicious and Nutritious
I love giving my family delicious food that also happens to be full of nutrients. Chia seeds pack a strong nutritional punch. The key is to grind them in this recipe. You don’t even know they’re in the brownies, so they’re the best egg replacement.
Almond butter is my nut butter preference in this healthy gluten free brownie recipe. Almonds are full of nutrients and antioxidants. I have used cashew butter when I make them for Lilibean, and they’re still delicious. I’ve never tried peanut butter, but I bet it would taste amazing as well! Just be sure to stir in the oil first so the brownies aren’t too oily. I almost always omit the avocado or olive oil in this recipe. The natural oils from the nut butter are usually plenty.
This healthy gluten free brownie recipe is so easy to make. I always use one bowl and mix everything very well with a metal spoon. You know the batter is ready once all the chia seeds, almond butter, and other ingredients are smooth and well incorporated. I fold the chocolate chips in last before baking. I recommend using parchment paper in your baking dish, but a good layer of coconut oil works well too.
Healthy Gluten Free Brownies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ground chia eggs (2 tbsp ground chia seeds with 6 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp avocado, olive, or melted coconut oil (OMIT if the almond butter is oily at all)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- pinch ground sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper (or coat baking dish with coconut oil)
- Prepare the chia eggs (stir well)
- Mix all the ingredients aside from the chocolate chips together well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Press the batter into your baking dish using a spatula to make it even.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes
- Let the brownies cool in the pan completely (They’re delicious warm but don’t hold together as well)
- Slice and Enjoy or refrigerate for later!
- These healthy gluten free brownies will last in the fridge for over a week in an airtight container.
So what do you think? Will you give these delicious and nutritious gluten free brownies a try? Let me know how you like them in the comments! If you love healthy chocolate recipes, you’ll love my raw chocolate cookies.