Today I am sharing my Anthony’s favorite chocolate chia pudding recipe. The ingredients make this chocolate chia pudding a healthy dessert, snack, or even breakfast. It’s also quite possibly one of the easiest recipes ever!
Let’s talk about chia seeds for a minute. These tiny seeds pack a huge nutritional punch. They’re loaded with fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. They even contain some amazing antioxidants! I could write a book about all of the other benefits as well, but I’ll keep this simple. They make the perfect healthy chocolate chia pudding.
The reason I love to use these seeds for a pudding is because once you mix them with liquid they turn into a gel. The first time I used chia seeds, I was fascinated! I now use them quite often in my recipes as an egg replacement, a smoothie topping, and on salads.
When I first started making this chocolate chia pudding, I would mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy. However, my kids didn’t like the consistency. Thank you Stephen Poplawski for inventing the blender! Blending this pudding makes a huge difference. It’s such a great way to get some serious nutrition into your kids and you!
Healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (I prefer Navitas organics)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups unsweetened plant milk (I prefer oatly or coconut)
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Blend on high for 3-5 minutes (scraping down the chia seeds a few times)
- Once the pudding is a thick consistency, it’s ready to either enjoy or store in the fridge.
- Your chocolate chia pudding will store in the fridge for up to 4 days in an air tight container.
My kids love their chocolate chia pudding topped with fresh berries, cinnamon, enjoy life chocolate chips (dairy-free), dairy-free whipped cream, granola etc. What do you think? Will you give this recipe a try?