Today I am sharing with you my absolute favorite recipe for chocolate cinnamon roasted nuts. My inspiration for this recipe comes from the
Roasted nuts bring back amazing memories. When I was a child, I remember smelling them from a mile away at any fair. Occasionally my parents would buy us some, and I would savor each one. I loved receiving some at Christmas time on cookie platters, and always thought of them as such a special treat.
You can use your favorite assortment of nuts for this recipe, but pecans and almonds have always been my favorite nuts to eat. When you add in some sweetness and roast them, I consider this perfection! I’ve tried many sweet variations, but my chocolate cinnamon roasted nuts are everyone’s favorite. Most recipes for roasted nuts include oils, sugar, and occasionally butter or even eggs. I put together a simple recipe with healthier ingredients.
I make these chocolate cinnamon roasted nuts as gifts for teachers, neighbors, family, and friends. We get showered with compliments each time, so I continue to make them every year. You can use them as a salad topping, enjoy some for a quick snack, or as a delicious dessert. Enjoy them on top of pancakes, oatmeal, chia pudding, etc. My two youngest love when I make them roasted cashews, and Isabella loves roasted pecans.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for chocolate cinnamon roasted nuts as much as we do!
Chocolate Cinnamon Roasted Nuts
- 2 cups mixed nuts (pecans and almonds are great!)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 315 degrees farenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, until everything is well coated.
- Spread the nuts evenly on the baking sheet
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Turn the nuts around, and bake them for another 8-10 minutes. Check that the glaze doesn’t burn or take them out earlier.
- Remove the nuts from the oven, and let them cool. I always say let them cool completely, but i never follow this rule. Enjoy, but be careful not to burn your mouth!
- These nuts store very well in an airtight container.
What do you think? Will you try this chocolate cinnamon roasted nuts recipe with your family?